Since most of our posts usually revolve around our kids or the ranch, we thought we should periodically let you in on who we are. Here's five things you may or may not have known about me (Candace, that is!)
1. I have been horse-crazy since childhood. When I was a kid it didn't matter what kind of horse it was, draft horses to minis, I loved them all. My first horse was a huge paint horse named, Bandit. He was the orneriest and most stubborn horse I've ever rode, but he made me a better rider. My Dad made me ride him next to the ditch (which I was completely scared to death of falling into) before I got to enter my first rodeo. I was probably about 7 years old. I got over my fear that day because all I wanted to do was rodeo and ride fast horses!
2. When I was about 6 years old, my brother got mad at my mom and made me run away from home with him on horseback. I remember he made me a nice, comfy seat from a blanket that he tied behind the seat of his saddle. He then packed us a lunch and we headed out. We got about a quarter of the way around Barr Lake Reservoir before my Papa showed up on horseback to bring us back home. My brother and I didn't get along very well when we were kids, but I like to think he couldn't have ran away without his sister because he'd miss me too much...or he just needed a slave.
3. I'm kind of addicted to HGTV, actually I just really like Fixer Upper and Rehab Addict! I totally get into how they bring back to life the old and forgotten spaces.
4. I'm in love with old stuff. I love a good antique store, thrift shop, old barn and old car. Anything with a story is always so interesting to me.
5. To go along with my love of old stuff, when I was a kid, I wanted to be like Indiana Jones and be an archeologist. Thankfully, my dream changed and now I get to chase around kiddos and dig for arrowheads in the pasture. Good enough for me. Actually, better than good!
There you have it! Stay tuned into the blog, because Kirste's next.
Have a good one!
Cooped Up Cowboy's Wife- Candace